“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 28 April 2014

On The Mend

Doing this course definitely takes its toll on your body.

3 of us on the course all got struck down with colds last week. I literally spent the whole weekend in bed, coughing my lungs up and watching TV. I turned the air con off, necked a total of 7.5 litres of water and numerous cups of tea, and today, I'm finally feeling a little bit stronger.

If I see another cup of ginger tea, I'm going to throw it across the room! LOL!

I honestly cannot believe it's the end of April already. The last 3 weeks have absolutely flown by, and I'm just trying to mentally prepare myself for the stress which is going to come over these last 2 weeks.....starting tomorrow!

It's going well though - I've learnt sooooo much and it's been fun teaching in a multilingual classroom again. We got to do an experimental lesson, which basically gives you the chance to try something completely different...and the best bit is, it doesn't matter if it doesn't work! I decided to go for one of those alternative holistic approaches, and absolutely LOVED it! HAHAHA! I've never had a quicker change of attitude towards something!

The challenges that are going to start rearing their ugly heads now are 
1 - how to juggle doing 2 more modules when I'm back in Japan and working full time
2 - how to use all this new knowledge in my current context.

Something that I definitely need to start thinking about.

xoxo

No comments: