“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Sunday 4 May 2014

Home Stretch!

I can't believe I'm nearly done.

The last 2 months have literally disappeared before my eyes.

So, so exhausted. 

I need a week off to recover when I get back to Tokyo....unfortunately, that's not going to happen! As well as jumping straight back into work, I need to study for an exam and write a dissertation along with designing a minimum of a 20 hour course.

No rest for the wicked!

But everything has been worth it. I can't believe how much I've learnt and it's interesting to watch developments and changes in my teaching - especially since so many beliefs I held before I came here have pretty much been shattered and replaced with a good, strong sense of reality.

But it's all about tomorrow. The externally assessed lesson.

The assessor is flying in from Hong Kong and I'm first up. I never do well when it comes to names being pulled out of a hat! LOL!

But I've played it safe - I'm teaching grammar. Past modals of deduction. 

I've taught this grammatical structure at least 6 or 7 times before. Successfully. I am taking a bit of a gamble and trying something different, but I'm hoping that everything will go smoothly and my nerves won't get the better of me. 

After tomorrow, I'll have one evaluation, one more essay and one more lesson to go and then my workload will be DONE! For Module 2 anyway! LOL! It's hard to remember that when I get back to Japan it's not over! Still 2 more modules to go. >_<

I'd do anything for a week at the beach!

xoxo

No comments: