“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 8 May 2014

2 more days!

And it's that time again.

I started packing tonight. 

2 months.

It feels weird to be packing again. I can't decide if it feels like I've been here for ages, or a really short time. It's just been non-stop go, go, go, that it's all kind of turned into a blur.

I also have mixed feelings about leaving. Naturally I'm going to miss the weather, the heat, the pool, the food and some of the people that I've met here. And I can't honestly say that I'm looking forward to getting back to work. But given that the Thai PM was ousted today and the demonstrations have gotten bigger and potentially more dangerous, it seems like a good time to get out before I could potentially get caught up in something. We got warned today about staying vigilant, so I feel kinda glad to be leaving because of that. Also I wanna get back to my house. My kitchen. My WARDROBE. My SHOES!!! And of course, get back to someone very special. =)

It's just a shame that I'm going to be leaving pretty much as white as when I left! And that really sucks - being in Thailand and not having time to hit the beach. Especially when I'm going to be back in the concrete jungle for the next however many months before I'll get the chance to go on holiday. 

Only one more month of stress to go and then the DELTA will be all finished.

One more month.

One final push.

xoxo

No comments: