“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 9 December 2013

\(^0^)/

This month has been crazy.

Crazy busy, crazy stressful, crazy FAST!

I'm going back to the UK NEXT WEEK!!! What the hell?!

And now I feel that I have a to-do list the length of my arm, full of stuff that I need to sort out before I leave!

But let's start with the good stuff.

I finally finished my pain-in-the-arse DELTA application , had my interview, and I've been accepted onto the course!

WOOP WOOP!

The truth of it is, I didn't really expect to be accepted. I was told by the coordinator in the summer, that most people who apply have at least 3-4 years post-CELTA experience. I applied with less than 2, but I thought I'd just give it a go anyway.

Now that I've been accepted, I'm literally like FFFFFF*****************!!!! Not just because the course is going to be 2 months of intensive stress and then a third month of more stress, but the financial side of it all has completely freaked me out. I got my acceptance letter and along with it came the request of $1000 as a deposit with the remaining $2500 to be paid before the end of January. Then there's the visa fees, flight, rent in Tokyo, rent in Bangkok and the price of books.

It wouldn't be so bad if I was being paid for those two months that I'll be out. But I'm not. So on my return to Japan, I'm going to be well and truly financially crippled for pretty much the rest of the year.

And you know what that means......

....NO TRAVEL!!!!

My. Heart. Is. Broken.

I literally won't be able to go anywhere until at least next winter. A year with no travel - that will be in the first time in......erm......god knows how many years!

And NO - going to Thailand doesn't count as travel. It's purely for study purposes and I'll have ZERO free time. An MA in two months - think about it.

I am looking forward to going back home though. It will be nice to see my family - especially my grandad who turned 90 today.

Happy Birthday!

xoxo

No comments: