“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Friday 17 January 2014

I'm Back!

OK, so first and foremost, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I know that I have been completely MIA for a month - but I'm back and ready to start a new blogging year! LOL!

So I'm not going to go into detail about everything that has happened over the last month. As you know,  did go back to the UK, blew a fortune in the sales, complained endlessly about the grey, rainy British weather and had a lovely time catching up with friends, family and gorging on British food. No - it's not as terrible as everyone seems t think it is. I swear everyone who visits is eating the wrong thing! HAHA!

I came back to Japan a little over a week ago and from last month there have been two absolutely mammoth changes in my life. I don't want to go into what they are at this particular point in time...just because I want to see how things play out first and also because I'm just really enjoying what's going on right now and want to keep it to myself that little bit longer!

A few years ago, an ex-coworker said to me "If you don't enjoy what you do, then make a change". That is literally what this year is going to be all about. I never hated what I was doing, but you know when you get to that point where you're just like AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH with everything? I'm there. So I'm taking time out and loving every second so far! I'm getting more sleep and feeling great! I haven't made it back to the gym yet - that will be from next week. 

It's also exciting (and extremely intimidating) to think that in a couple of months I'm going to be heading to Thailand to do my DELTA. I don't feel in the least bit prepared, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to make use of my time and get myself into the right mindset to take it all on. It does make me nervous, but I can't wait for the end results and what's going to come after that.

Here's to a great year!

xoxo

No comments: