“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 16 June 2010

On the Up

I am soooo knackered.

But I am really liking the direction this new job is going in.

Barely a month in and I have been approached to do corporate sales meetings and I start training for them next month when I get back from the States.

Sounds kinda nice, huh?

I've been told that it's ridiculously early for me to be asked to do something like this but the managers think that I'll be a natural at it and so are willing to take the risk on me. I guess it's a little bit intimidating but there is no way in hell that I'm gonna turn it down - the bonuses that come with successful meetings are INSANE. And I need the money more than ever! So yah, it's really exciting and flattering to already be moving up. I'm looking forward to getting started.

My students are definitely not making my last week at work easy! I started the day off with a 40 minute screaming tantrum and had a headache for the rest of the day. I guess it didn't help that I was already knackered but only 3 more days to go and I can walk away from teaching kids. The thought of it alone puts a massive grin on my face. I'm just at that point now where I am so exhausted at the end of every day, that I just can't wait for it to be all over. And since there's been an end in sight, it has been much easier to just not care. I stopped lesson planning a long time ago and that alone has given me more time to wind down between classes. Whoever said that you couldn't just wing it?! ;-)

Life is good. I just need more sleep!

xx

No comments: