“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 26 September 2013

On A Roll

It's visa renewal time.

Normally, every time I need to do this, I've needed to set aside pretty much a whole day because the Shinagawa Immigration Office is a nightmare.

The last time I was there just to PICK UP my resident card, I had to wait 3 hours.

I got up super early this morning and made it down there just after 9.10am. I still wore my work clothes and armed myself with a book, my phone charger and iPad thinking that I was going to be stuck there all day.

Headed in...no queue at the photobooth....got my pics snapped....headed upstairs....queued for a measly 10 minutes at the application counter....waited for about another 10 before my number got called and voila! I was done! The application section was over!

As I walked out the office, I checked my watch. It wasn't even 9.30!!!! How the hell did I manage to get in and out in under 20 minutes!!! I couldn't believe it!

Not that I'm complaining - all this bureaucratic crap seems to have gone swimmingly this year! I remember when I went to file my tax return, that took under 30minutes and now this?! Well chuffed.

Even better, I've been able to come home, do 4 loads of laundry, bake chocolate chilli brownies AND watch 2 episodes of the Great British Bake off and it's only 13.30!! Go me!!

And even better....Grey's Anatomy starts again tomorrow!!

Loving this week!

xoxo

No comments: