“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Sunday 4 October 2015

Short Lived!

Lesson learnt!

Be very, very careful who you decide to let into your life!

It's incredible how some people can seem so genuine...only for you to find out that they are pathological liars! 

Why some people feel the need to lie about...well...everything, is beyond me!

Why bother? Is your real life that dull that you have nothing else to do except try and make yourself look better by belittling someone else?

When I saw this kind of behaviour in the two women I recently let into my life, it sent the alarm bells ringing. So I decided to do a little investigating of my own, and it turns out that my gut feeling was right.

Lies. So many lies.

And then it also opened my eyes, that when you have a gut feeling about something or someone, you really should listen to it. I was led to believe a load of crap, and through listening to my own gut feeling, I was also shown a lot of home truths. I found out reasons for things that I hadn't been able to understand before. I found out that I had gotten a particular situation completely wrong. 

When I realised the latter point, I decided to hear the story out. I'm not a spiteful person - if someone wants to apologise for wrongdoings and offer and explanation as to why those wrongdoings happened, I will hear them out.

And I'm glad I did. Harbouring negative feelings is exhausting, and I hadn't realised that I was still harbouring so much resentment towards someone. Now that I have heard what I believe to be the truth, that resentment is slowly dissolving, and I can look back and smile. 

Last month was crazy, honestly! Some people can be so petty and spiteful. The extent to which some people go to try and get answers...or to do whatever it is they were trying to do...is crazy! I found myself getting dragged into something that was absolutely nothing to do with me, and although I tried to stay out of it, it seemed to happen anyway. 

Curiosity has always been a weak point of mine!

I'm not going to lie, though, although I did get dragged into a very messy situation, something good has come out of it! 

Finding the light at the end of the tunnel.

And feeling happy.

xoxo

No comments: