“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Sunday 16 June 2013

A New Decade

Yes, I know, I'm crap and haven't updated for a few weeks!

So, what's been happening?

Of course...

...I've entered a new decade!!

I had a great time on my birthday...and also a fantastic time the night before! To be honest, I spent my entire birthday with a champagne hangover, ended up falling asleep, rocked up late to my own birthday party and then started sipping on oolong tea!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It wasn't even about getting wasted. I was genuinely touched by the number of people who made the effort to come out and celebrate my birthday with me. It was great to see people that I haven't seen in AGES and also to watch everyone enjoying the food...especially since I barely touched any....and watch everyone laughing and having a good time. As well as enjoying the party myself, it's also important to me that everyone else has a good time.

How does being 30 feel?

Well, let's just say that my dirty thirties got off to a very dirty start indeed!

LMFAO!

I'm over the whole feeling old thing and just wanna concentrate on staying healthy, continuing to travel and my career. There will be a lot of changes coming up over the next year, I reckon, and the most important thing for me to do now is to prepare and embrace those changes. I am ready for them....it's just taking that first leap.  I'm really excited about what's to come and I can feel that this is going to be such an awesome decade. 

I've taken the pressure off of myself and am concentrating on enjoying life.

I mean, that's what it's there for! 

Spontanaeity got the better of me last week and I ended up going to Thailand for a few days. I headed down to Koh Samui with a friend and my girl came down from the north to come and hang with me for a bit. I haven't seen her man since I left London and it was good to see that even after 6 years, none of us have changed! LOL! Seriously, it was fantastic to get away for a bit, catch up and just relax in a beautiful environment. It was pretty active - we were up at 6 or 7am every day to either watch the sunrise or work out. I had actually thought it was gonna be one of those chilled out things just lounging by the pool every day, but that only happened on the day we arrived. We rented a car, drove about the island, did a spot of shopping and then on the final day hit the spa for a whopping 7 hours and 15 minutes.

To say I felt ******* AMAZING when I left the spa is an understatement. 

It was perfect. Exactly what I needed.

And then it was back to Tokyo and back to work....and back to dealing with....yeh well, I don't even want to go into it. I've been pushed too far and am ready to do something about it. =)

Coming back to Tokyo also meant coming back to the rainy season. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I swear it's not as humid as last year...or maybe that's all still to come. I'm just looking forward to it being over and am hoping for some more beach time soon. 

xoxo

No comments: