“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 28 October 2013

Moving On

My goodness me, this has been a very difficult month in more ways than one.

As much as I would LOVE to go into all the details....there are just too many of them! LOL!

I've been keeping super busy this month and it has been really wonderful to catch up with friends.

I swear that something is happening this season. So many people that I haven't seen for years are appearing in Japan and it has been so fun seeing friends from the UK, old friends from Kyushu and catching up with friends in Okinawa. 

But I think the biggest catch up has been with a childhood friend, who before Saturday I hadn't seen for a whopping 21 years! LOL!

I never go out for Halloween, but this year I decided to hit up one of the big parties and I am so glad that I did! It was nice to glam up, put on the stilettos, guzzle champagne and meet a load of new people. Laughing is so good for your health and it has definitely been missing this month!

 It's also been great to have a friend staying with me since I got back from Okinawa last week. Brutally honest - he doesn't sugar coat anything and he just reinforces what I already know myself. I had a great time last night cooking a 3 course meal which ended in a red velvet cake - I'm not gonna lie, I was upset with the cream cheese icing, but it still tasted good! I guess my point is, is that it's been good to have someone around to stop me dwelling on stuff that has happened.

Everything is clear - I just need some time. My horoscope has been scarily dead on for the last few weeks, but today summed up the whole month. I was spending a long time waiting for something, that happened and I got my answer. Now that I have the answer, there is only one way to go and that's forward. Because that is the answer and it's NOT going to change. So there is nothing that I need to wait for anymore.

Onwards and upwards. Time to make an effort.

Strength. Power. Drive.

xoxo

 

No comments: