“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 31 October 2013

Arigatou!

I just got back from the Immigration Office.

3 more years!!

I think this country doesn't want me to leave! LOL!

It's weird to think that I've been here so long. The paperwork now classifies me as a mid-long term resident. I never would have thought that when I first came here!

But it's all good. It gives me time to get where I want to be. What is scary though, is that if I stay until the expiration of my visa, I would have been here a whopping 9 years. THAT freaks me out!

Getting a new visa has kinda given me a kick up the arse to keep pushing on with what I came here to do. I'm aiming to take my first attempt at the JLPT 1kyuu next December. I'm not expecting to pass, but I think if I can really spend the next year applying myself, then by July 2015 I should be there. That's the aim anyway.

I wish I could afford to just not work for a year and spend an entire year in one of those intenseive 5 hours a day study courses. That would be awesome and way more effective than trying to study the way that I am now. Which is not very hard!

Hell, even a month long intensive course would be seriously beneficial. Not at this stage, but maybe some time next year. Trying to negotiate that around work is going to be tough, but I think it's worth a shot.

Thank you Nippon!

xoxo

No comments: