“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Disgusting

I woke up this morning feeling great - a little tired, but the sun is shining.

That mood last for about 10 seconds as I checked the news and saw reports of the Boston marathon bombings.

******* horrific.

I was going to write a post with all these updates about what's been going on this month, but in light of what's happened, it doesn't feel very appropriate right now.

Attacking all those innocent bystanders - it's just awful! And scary. You just never know when someone is going to strike and it certainly makes one a little wary of hanging out with large groups of people. 

I just watched some really graphic footage of the explosion and the immediate aftermath. And I really DO mean graphic. So much so, that I feel it's wrong to post it. But one thing I think has to be commended is the speed at which everyone ran to help - the police, the volunteers, other spectators....I remember the 7/7 bombings in London and I think it's fair to say that most people's first instinct would be to run in the opposite direction. But in the footage, after the smoke from the first explosion had started to clear, you could see a whole load of people running back to the scene to help the wounded.

Good for them. Really. I commend them. 

Horrible news to wake up to. I just hope that they can catch whoever is responsible.

Thinking of Boston today.

xoxo

No comments: