“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 24 April 2013

Masterchef

There are no words to describe how addicted I am to this program. 

Out of options, I've now started on the Australian version.

Funnily enough, it reminds me of my holiday in Bali when I spent hours watching it before going to bed! LOL!

I have learnt so much from that show. My mum taught me how to make desserts, but I've never taken a cooking lesson in my life and I am completely self taught.

But it's shows like this, that let people like me take their cooking to the next level. 

I am becoming seriously good at making sauces and it's been awesome looking at the different techniques to cook meat.

After about 6 or 7 attempts over the last 6 months or so, I have managed to finally NAIL a chicken madras. FROM SCRATCH. I bought most of the ingredients online and have never managed to get the balance of spices right when grinding the paste. But FINALLY, this afternoon.....it was AMAZING!!! It only dawned on me that I should've taken a picture after I have shovelled the whole lot down. 

Honestly, I could spend all day, every day in front of the TV watching this show.

The other great thing is you can find all the recipes online as well so there's always a ton of different dishes to try,

Last week I finished watching Masterchef USA. The winner was a BLIND cook. No joke - she was phenomenal and it just goes to show how important it is to understand taste when putting out a dish.

How awesome would it be to enter that kind of competition?! I just want access to that kind of super high tech equipped kitchen!!

Man, I can't wait to get my own house built. It's going to have the most insanely equipped kitchen EVER.

xoxo

No comments: