“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Sunday 11 January 2015

Positive Thinking

OK, so I didn't get quite the start to the new year that I was looking for.

=(

BUT, I have decided to step on it sharp, and am trying to turn it around ASAP. I've spent a lot of time over the last couple of days looking at my schedule and making changes and plans. 

I've only been back in Japan for a couple of days, but I already feel so much happier about my work situation. Working for myself seems to have made such a big difference on my work/life balance. I'm doing my job and then leaving. No sitting around with dead time, no having to wait until the end of the day to leave even though I've finished everything that I needed to do for the day...none of that. The biggest thing really is not having the dead time. I start working, am constantly busy, and then I leave. The financial implications of the decision I made don't seem to have been so bad so far...but it's only been a couple of days.  I'll see how that pans out for the rest of the month. The good thing about that is, there is the option to work a little more if I need a bit more cash.

And even if there is any dead time in my schedule, I am going to fill it by going to the gym. I'm really looking forward to getting back into the pool this month, as well as starting a couple of new classes and making progress with the weight training. I haven't been back this year yet, but I'm planning on starting again on Tuesday. It's just nice to have that option RIGHT THERE if I find myself with a quiet day. I don't need to get on the scales to know that I have already put some weight back on. Don't worry - it's a good thing! I'm most definitely not complaining!

I just hate feeling like I'm wasting my time. Especially when I could be doing something more productive - that's kind of how I was feeling towards the end of last year. Just getting home at a reasonable hour has made a difference on my general attitude and feeling. I'm still feeling the jet lag and still need to catch up on sleep, but a good start with this so far.

I'm planning to start the year as I mean to go on. You'll see what I mean later in the week! 

xoxo

No comments: