“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 8 January 2015

Special People

So yesterday, I arrived safe and sound back in Tokyo.

How gorgeous is the weather over here right now?

I've found myself having completely mixed feelings about being back. It's made me reflect a lot on my time in London and the people I managed to see, as well as the people I didn't get round to seeing this time.

I'm going to do something I have never done since I started this blog. 

Naming names. Mainly because it would create an impossibly long FB post, if I tried to say what I wanted to say on there. About the people I saw when I went back home. 

I spent so much time thinking yesterday. Probably too much. The problem with thinking is it can create all these scenarios in your head. And those scenarios are driven by fear. And fear has the power to wholly consume you and make you lose your damn mind. 

What a crappy emotion. 

And what a difficult emotion to try and let go. So much of what we do (or don't do) is governed by fear. I hate it. It's something I would love to change, but I have no idea how to. It's all very well to tell someone to just "let it go", but sometimes it isn't that easy. Any tips are more than welcome. 

First of all, I want to express my massive gratitude to Helen. You have been more than amazing over the last few months and your ear has been invaluable during that time. You have listened and shown nothing but support, even though you may not necessarily agree with my actions, you have shown me through your own experience that you understand and just want the best for me. Thank you so much for being there and listen to me drone on.

Then again, massive thanks to Gareth and Keith. Mainly for the same reason - your ears. I know you don't approve of certain things I'm doing, but know that I do appreciate your tough love and brutal honesty. I have not dismissed what you have told me, or your advice - I have taken it on board and will think about it when making final decisions. Thanks guys.

To my gorgeous sister for being a massive inspiration to get fit and start lifting. And also thanks to her boyfriend, Gareth for being such a positive influence on her...and impressing me with choosing my fave brand of make-up as a Christmas present. Definitely extra brownie points there!

Also, to reconnecting with family. It was such a pleasure to finally meet my Bajan nan and spend time with my aunt and cousins. 

To Sam. You are a shining example how being a young mum does not mean your life is over. You can still chase a successful career, and I am so proud of you! Also to Rhonda, although you are both mothers, I love how you don't judge others based on their differing beliefs to your own. Thank you for your support in that regard - it means a lot. And more importantly, thank you for the HUGE laughs. I miss those a lot.

To my little dumpling, Nancy. May be both be strong and understand what we deserve this year! It was so fantastic to see you just for the afternoon. This holiday is happening! And to Neville and Hardeep for reminding me how AMAZING British banter is! I laughed so hard with you guys I literally couldn't breathe! That was seriously above average wit and one of my favourite nights out while I was back. Jokers - you guys are great!

To Jack. My favourite travel buddy and dear friend. I miss you loads and catching up with you is always one of my favourite things to do. I LOVE how much we laugh! I hope that you can find what you're looking for this year. Xoxo.

To Keiko. You have been a figure of strength and support since the day I met you. I absolutely adored seeing you in my hometown and love how much you and George are loving it! We'll do the cooking next time, ne!

To Darren. One of my besties that I've know for 14 years. Thank you for your constant support and for always listening. BEHAVE YOURSELF THIS YEAR! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

And finally, to Dean. Who is proof that choosing happiness over money can still lead back to money! Congratulations on all your success!

To everyone else I didn't manage to see when I was back, until next time my friends! 

Thanks everyone. Special, special people.

xoxo








No comments: