“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 19 May 2010

Yearning For The Sun

OMG I am dying to get back onto the beach.

Yesterday was the absolute PERFECT weather in Tokyo. Warm with a light breeze - sunny and gorgeous without the disgusting sweat that the humid summers bring.

And then of course today it is raining. And humid. And disgusting. Urgh.

What I would do to be back on the beautiful beaches of Malaysia. I actually got a bit sunned out when I was there - especially in Langkawi because there wasn't much else to do except sunbathe. Not that I'm complaining of course, but there were times when that sun hit you and it was so hot and the sea was so damn warm that it no longer became refreshing to take a swim. In the end we just had to get out of the sun for a couple of hours. I think it happens to everyone who just spends the whole day sunbathing. You end up back in the hotel room and then just knock straight out.

I remember when I went to Okinawa with my ex. We used to get up, drive to the beach, spend a few hours there and always end up back at the hotel for a nap before heading out for the evening. Man, that was a great break - I really need to make it back to Okinawa.

I was talking to a friend this morning and realised that there is still so much of Japan that I need (and want) to see. When you live here, it is so easy to focus your attention on travelling the rest of Asia that you sometimes neglect the beauty that is right under your nose. And that is I want to rectify in the time between when I get back from the States and when I go to Oz in December. So much to see...it's really expensive getting around Japan though and that's really annoying. But it's gotta be done.

The thought is actually really exciting! I can't wait to get started.

Seriously getting psyched bout going to the States as well. I've never done the whole tourist thing there so it'll be great to have the time to go and see some of these galleries and museums by myself without having to wonder if the other person is only feigning interest. I can't wait. Not to mention how much I'm looking forward to catching up with my girls!

So much to look forward to.

xx

No comments: