“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 11 May 2010

Back and Black!

I got back from holiday yesterday.

12 days in Singapore and Malaysia and it was absolutely fantastic.

Malaysia is such a stunning place and Singapore...well....I'm thinking about upping sticks and moving there. I LOVED it. I'm actually quite shocked that Hong Kong has now been overtaken and Singapore is now my favourite city in the world. Along with Hong Kong, London, Tokyo and Madrid to complete my top 5.

I always come back to Japan with post holiday blues. But it's different this time. Seeing other S.E. Asian cities had made me realise that Tokyo is amazing and also, but whilst it may be a metropolis, it's so far from being cosmopolitan. It has yet to open itself to the world and I miss that.

I'm thinking about giving it until my visa runs out in November to make a final decision. If I haven't found a job outside of teaching by then, I'm outta here. I think. Or at least that's what my heart is telling me right now. You know when you hit THAT point? I think i might be closer than I thought.

I can still study, I can still acquire the language...I don't know. It's just been so crap coming back to the harsh reality of my situation here. Bills coming out of my ears, drama with this company takeover. I'm gonna hand in my notice at the beginning of next week and I have a job interview tomorrow but it's just horrible to be back in this position where I have to sell myself to employers. It feels like I was only doing it yesterday.

But there is so much that I want to tell you about my trip. So many photos. I have put a few up on Facebook but for my fabulous readers that aren't on there, I'll be putting some up on here as well for you. Both Singapore and Malaysia are just such interesting places - but right now I just don't have the time or energy to start writing about it.

It will come. Don't worry.

xx

No comments: