“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 10 May 2011

ただいま!

After 2 weeks in Indonesia, I'm back in Tokyo.

How do I feel?

The holiday was definitely relaxing but I am so far from feeling rested it's unbelievable. And it didn't help having a mammoth last night out and travelling with a hangover.....especially in that heat.

I can't believe how much Bali has changed since I went there a couple of years ago. It truly has become Aussies Abroad......actually let me rephrase...Aussie KIDS abroad!!! So many young students nipping over during their spring break that even the locals have adopted Aussie accents and dumbass names like "G'day". Seriously?!

The amount of traffic on the road was absolutely shocking. A couple of years ago, you could have a nice stroll along the path, browsing the shops with a little aggro to buy stuff but nothing unbearable, you know. Now it's a constant battle to dodge the crazy amount of scooters on the road and the hassle has escalated to a point where you just wanna start punching people. Luckily for us, we learnt a few Indonesian words and expressions to avoid that kinda shit, which actually proved really effective in the end. The minute we busted out "I don't want to buy it" or "I have no money" in Balinese, the person would put their head down and immediately back off. Nice.

This time round, we made it to the Gili Islands in Lombok. Not going there last time was a mammoth regret but I can't lie - I was really disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it was absolutely gorgeous, but I think I had it hyped up way to much in my head and it was beautiful and I had a good time but something was missing. Not to mention the killer mosquitoes which drove me absolutely insane. I was covered with about 20 bites by the time we left there.

So many pictures to show you guys! All in good time ne.

xoxo

No comments: