“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 1 February 2012

Breaking The Bank!!!

I am so pumped for this year!

It's already got off to a cracking start - I'm off to Thailand this weekend, work is going well, I've had a great month catching up with friends....

and now...

I've just booked my flight back to the UK for the Olympics this summer!!!!!!

\(^0^)/

The prices were no joke - I got one of the cheapest direct flights and it still cost a whopping £1300!!!!!! It's not the dates I want and it's longer than planned - I originally wanted to go for 2 weeks but flying anywhere around the start of the Olympics pushes the prices up another 200 quid, with flights the Friday before hitting way over £3000! SHOCKING!!

So yah, I'll be back for just over 3 weeks and I'm super excited! I know London is gonna be mad busy, but I CAN'T WAIT TO GO SHOPPING!!!!! Gonna save as much money as possible (starting when I come back from Thailand) so I can splurge, splurge, splurge!!!!!!

Paying for that flight though has definitely broken the bank. I was gonna wait until I come back to Japan in March to book it, but I didn't wanna risk the prices going up further or the availablity becoming limited. I could have taken a cheaper flight, but it transits in Beijing and I'd rather pay a couple of hundred quid more to fly direct. The journey is long enough as it is - don't wanna drag it out more than I have to. So glad I managed to book a Virgin flight though - I LOVE their in-flight entertainment. BA flights were too expensive so YAY to Virgin!!!

Gonna spend this morning starting to get some teaching materials and books together that I might need in Thailand. It'll be nice to actually be able to pack a suitcase for SE Asia instead of a backpack for a change! 

Today is gonna be a good day!

xoxo

No comments: