“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Sunday 5 February 2012

Winter In Bangkok

I've arrived safe and sound in Bangkok....and have just got to my new apartment.

WOW!

This complex reminds me of a resort! I'm gonna take some pics tomorrow to show you - I'm very impressed! It's a really decent sized studio apartment on the 8th floor - it's a little far from the city centre - well 20 minutes, but I'll have to take a shuttle bus and then a tube to get to the school tomorrow. It's got everything I need though...but no supermarket! There's a petrol station nearby, but it's kinda limited. I saw a massive TESCO on the way here - it looks a little far, but I might just suffer the cost and get a cab there in a couple of days to stock up.

When I was on the plane, I was sitting next to this Japanese woman who knew absolutely NO English. She's what we call a "true beginner". I was shocked that when she was offered tea or coffee, she couldn't even answer. I helped translate for her and helped her fill in the immigration form, but it was just another reminder how important English is. Poor cow - I can't help but worry how the hell she's gonna check into her hotel! >_<

Right, I need to unpack!

xoxo

No comments: