“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Saturday 4 February 2012

Here We Go Again!

Less than one month after I was in SE Asia, I'm heading back out there again!

How quickly this has come around - it's already February!

So here we are. Tomorrow I will be heading out to Bangkok for a month to do my CELTA. Am I ready? Kind of. Am I nervous? Kind of.

It's not about going to live in another country - I KNOW I can do that bit. It's about getting that validation that after 4 years of teaching, I am actually a  good teacher! It's kinda hard to explain because essentially, I get evaluated every time I teach, but this time, it's by professionals who are tough and very, VERY strict with their assessments. There are 3 pass grades; a Pass, a Pass B and a Pass A. Only 4% of people who have done the course in the school I'm going have ever gotten a Pass A. My coworker is a phenomenal teacher (and I really mean PHENOMENAL) and he got a Pass B. Don't really stand much of a chance then do I! HAHA!

I'm excited though because I'm planning on meeting my friend and her fiance for dinner tomorrow night. I haven't seen her in a few years - I haven't seem him in even longer!! I think it must be close to about...ufffff.....5/6 years that the 3 of us were in the same room at the same time! And now that's gonna happen....in Bangkok of all places! Funny how things turn out!

So instead of blogging, I need to get packing!

xoxo

No comments: