“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Now The Hard Work Begins

No messing around over here!

Right at the beginning of the second week, we've started attacking the evil that is grammar.

I'm not too bad with grammar terminology actually....well, not compared to the rest of the people in the group anyway! LOL! No, it's not the grammar.....it's the evil that is....

PHONEMES.

You know when you look a word up in the dictionary and it has the funny symbols after it? I need to LEARN those effing things. And not only just for words - I have to write phonemic transcriptions for full (and really long) sentences. Just look in the dictionary, I hear you say.

Think about what happens to words when you say them in the sentence, especially when there are contractions there. The sounds all blend together and I have to come up with the phonemic transciptions for those too!! ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!

And there I was working my way through this second assignment thinking that it was a doddle. 

No more work for me tonight - I was crabby as hell today because I was absolutely knackered. Not letting that happen again tomorrow because my lesson today was cack.

Not looking to getting the feedback on that one!

Night.

xoxo

No comments: