“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Saturday 8 February 2014

=(

I can't decide which emotion is stronger right now...

...upset or anger.

I am absolutely FURIOUS with the snow. I hate it on the best of days, but I'd have shut up and dealt with it if it was ANY other day next week......just NOT TODAY.

No, no, no, no, NOOOOOOOO.

I had special plans for this evening. Plans which can't be rearranged for 3 months. VERY special plans. 

And because of this ridiculous snow, all the trains going west out of Tokyo have stopped. I couldn't even get home today - I had to walk from Ikebukuro because the Seibu line wasn't running.

So those special plans couldn't happen. Of course I'm upset...and bitterly disappointed. But what has made the whole thing even worse, is the reaction of the other person that I was supposed to have those plans with.

It's not like I can control what happens with the weather. I tried every possible train route to try and make it happen, but couldn't get any further than Shinjuku. And then when the Seibu lines stopped running as well, that was the last of my options exhausted.

As if I didn't feel bad enough about tonight not happening already without feeling like I'm on the receiving end of someone else's blame. It's really hurtful.

So it looks like tonight will just be me and my electric blanket!

Effing snow. Bring on spring!!

xoxo

 

 

No comments: