“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Grrrrrrrr.....

Today is going soooooo slowly, I can't bear it.

There aren't enough words to express how excited I am to go to bed tonight.

LOL - noooo not THAT. Unfortunately. ;-)

I can barely keep my eyes open. 

The last week has been a bit mental. I've been heading out faaarrrr west a lot - which is very unlike me to be so generous with my time. Looking back on it now, I'm really surprised how much my mood changed from when I was on my way down there to when I was actually there. Every time I was heading out, I'd been grinning like a fool, super excited about my evening...and then en route, or at the destination, something always happened to sour the evening. **sigh**

Everyone always warns me about being overly generous, caring, giving....blah, blah, blah. Seriously!!!! I didn't do the things I did to get anything in return, but there is always an expectation of what you think will go down in terms of the generosity, caring and support you will receive. Or an acknowledgement of the effort you have made. The people that know me well will slap me if I tell them the results of the incredible amount of effort I made last week with a particular situation. It's just not something I would do - especially not with my crazy schedule. Or at least call me a dumbarse. LOL - I don't need them to tell me that - I already felt that one.

On more than one occasion. 

Sometimes you never learn from past experiences. 

I dunno - you have to accept that some people are just never going to behave the way you want them to or be the way you want them to. I don't believe in trying to change people or mould them, but everyone can make that little bit of effort for someone else, no?

It's kinda hard when the odds are stacked against you though, I suppose.

We'll see. 

xoxo

No comments: