“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 7 September 2011

(T T)

People always wonder why the majority of my friends are male.

I'll tell you why...

....because all my female friends leave!!!!

My foreign female friends go back to their own countries or my Japanese female friends either marry a gaijin and leave Japan or they're married already and aren't the partying type.

That's right - I found out today that another one of my baby girls is leaving. She's not in town at the moment but she's gonna be coming back for just 2 weeks before heading out.

I'm gutted! Everyone just seems to disappear one by one.

But I don't blame her for one second. She's had a rotten year here and has found happiness which has decided to pursue. And good for her - it's so nice to hear her so happy I can almost see the smile on her face as she's chatting to me.

A lot of people have been telling me recently that I'm better off leaving Japan if I have any hope of finding a guy that will match the standards that I have. And they're not crazy standards before you start thinking that!!! LOL!!!

I have been thinking more and more about the next couple of years and possibly heading out....I'm not sure but first things first, I'm gonna master the shit outta this language and then decide what to do with it!! LOL!! I just don't know what's gonna happen....

It makes it so much easier to leave when so many good friends around you start disappearing. The year I left Kyushu saw a whole bunch of people who had been my best friends go with me and since moving to Tokyo I just haven't found the same kind of great personalities. I miss them a lot.

You go girl!! GOOD LUCK!!!

xoxo

No comments: