“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Bursting With Pride

Team GB are absolutely cleaning up at the Olympics.

We've already got more gold medals than 4 years ago in Beijing, and whilst a lot fo the athletic and swimming hopefuls didn't come through, we have absolutely excelled in the cycling, rowing, shooting, gymnastics and equestrian events.

I don't think anyone has felt more proud to be British this summer. It's the most incredible experience to be hosting the Olympic Games and to be here, on home turf, to see it all happen is just so very, very special.

This is by far, my best trip back to the UK since I moved to Japan 5 years ago.

5 years....can you believe it. Time has absolutely flown by and seeing that written down on paper makes me wonder what the next steps should be.

If the job market was looking a bit more optimistic here, I would move back. No joke. But it's not looking great and I think it's best for me to keep doing what I'm doing, get some money behind me and then just take it from there.

One more week and I'll be back in Japan - where did these last few weeks go to?!

I came back to London from Cardiff and Dublin yesterday - I haven't been to either city in absolutely years, so it was great to get out there and be a tourist for a week! HAHAHAHHA!

Plenty of photos to come when I get time to sit down and sift through them all.

In the meantime, please, please enjoy the Olympics as much as I am. This is a very special summer!!!

GO TEAM GB!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

xoxo

No comments: