“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 10 December 2012

JAMES ARTHUR

I'm sure it wasn't surprising to hear that James Arthur is the winner of the X Factor 2012.

I would have been just as happy if Jahmene had one - they both are so effing talented, amazing and deserve it.

I've loved Jahmene since his first audition but I only really got James from about week 3 and even from then, I haven't loved every performance. Saying that though, over the last 3-4 weeks, he has KILLED everything that he has done. And his performance of Feeling Good on Saturday was the best performance of his yet.....MARGINALLY better than his rendition of Marvin Gaye's Let's Get It On. And you KNOW how much I loved that one!!!

So happy for him. Although in a way, it's the runners up who always seem to do better. There's no doubt that he's going to be a global phenomenon, but it may have been better for him to have come second and get more of a freer reign for him to do things the way he wants to. Jahmene seems like he'd be much easier to mould.

Anyway, it's all good and fabulous. I've thoroughly enjoyed the season this year. With a couple of exceptions, it has certainly been the most talented year ever.

And now you can breathe a sigh of relief - you have a year without any X Factor updates from me! HAHAHAHA!

xoxo

No comments: