“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 11 December 2012

One More Week!!!

This time in exactly one week, I'm going to be packing, packing, packing!!!!

YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

I seriously cannot wait to get back into the sun and chill out. The magnitude of my trip has suddenly hit me as I've realised how mad I am to try and navigate the whole country by bus.

Madness, but it's totally exciting!!! 

A spot of sightseeing, a spot of hiking, a spot of jetboating, a spot of shopping, a spot of hobbit chasing, crap loads of eating, gallons of wine, as much sun as my skin can take, maybe a skydive and now I'm considering treating myself to a helicopter ride to get over and see the areas that I don't have time to bus to.

Why the hell not, eh? 

If ever there was a country seriously worthy of splashing out for an aerial view of, it's New Zealand. And since I don't have time to go to the glaciers, at least if I do this, then I'll get to see them. I checked online and then price is only a bit more than what I'm spending at my most expensive hotel for one night. 

If I do that, though, the skydive is definitely out. There's no way I can do both...well, actually I could, but I just feel that that's obnoxiously splashing out. Especially when I consider how much I've already spent on hotels. Got stung again today when one of the hostels I'd booked at called to tell me that the website had made a mistake and one night I was due to stay there is actually fully booked.

DOH!!

I've managed to find another hostel but since it's only available on that one night, right before NYE, the prices have skyrocketed and it's a complete rip off for a hostel. But nothing I can do now since there isn't anything else under a 5* hotel available for that day. And I'm already staying in that 5* place the following night!!!

It was funny because I was telling someone at work today about my hiking plans. Is it so strange for me to be hiking?!?!?!?! Admittedly I will be doing it with a full face of make up but still! LOL!!!

Super pumped. It's going to be EPIC.

xoxo

 

No comments: