“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Giggles

It's been a few years since I've taught Junior High School Students in the classroom.

Today, I headed out to a private school in Kichijoji for their summer English camp.

I loved it!

I'd forgotten what it was like to have a whole classroom full of kids who adore you and help bring out the kid in you.

Even better, was that I got the 3rd years and we got to write the script to the first half of the story of Cinderella. In the beginning, I wasn't sure that their imagination would stretch so far, but it did just enough to incorportae judo and gymnastics into the story.

LOL!

I had a right giggle with the girls - they cracked me up with their weird questions and over the top dramatics.

Now there's one more day of rehersals to go and then the final performance on Thursday. I can't wait to see if they bring all that energy onto the stage in front of the whole school.

The only downside was that I was reminded of the lack of air conditioning in the classrooms - just perfect on a day where the temperatures hit 34 degrees. What would we all do without sweat towels, eh?

I can't even tell you what a nice break it is to get away from the routine of teaching one-on-one to adults. Such a welcome break. 

Got a splitting headache now, but it was definitely worth it!

xoxo
 

No comments: