“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 8 July 2013

Making Britain Proud

At last.

After a 77 year wait, Britain finally has a Wimbledon Champion.

GET IN!!!!!

When we all lost hope in Tim Henman, along came Andy Murray - and ever since, the pressure has been on his shoulders to perform and bring it home.

And he has. In straight sets!

I was so knackered last night, but I just HAD to stay up and watch. I started to lose hope in the second set and I made the decision that if he dropped that set, it would probably go to 5 sets - and given how long each game had been up until that point, there would've been no way I could stay up for it.

Man, I was on the edge of my seat during those last 4 points. And when he won, I did some crazy weird manic dance around my lounge. LOL!

At least I got to go to bed with a smile on my face, still get a reasonable amount of sleep and I woke up with a smile on my face this morning. I've watched that final match point on YouTube about 6 times already this morning. I so wish I could've been there - seeing all my friends having picnics in the gorgeous weather made me so jealous!!!

Not that I can complain - I've just had a gorgeous week in Okinawa!

xoxo

No comments: