“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Friday 26 July 2013

Sick As A Dog

I'm one of those people that doesn't really get sick a lot.

But damn, when I do, I really do!!

This cold has been coming on for a couple of weeks. I've really struggled with the air conditioning this year - it seems to be super, super strong absolutely everywhere and spending all day in the office in it...I knew I was gonna get sick.

And then on Monday I started getting a sore throat and was feeling really lethargic. Tuesday came the hardcore sore throat, husky voice and cough...and I had to bust out the mask.

Wednesday I was feeling pretty rotten, but I sucked it up and went into work. I knew I had a fever, but I didn't think it was that bad.

Thursday, I woke up, took my temperature and it was 38.8. I have my reasons for not cancelling my shift at that point, but I seriously struggled through the morning and was forced to cancel the other commitments I had during the day and sweat it out at home. By the afternoon, my temperature was 39.4, but I was still reluctant to go to the doctor with a cold. I headed to the pharmacy, got some meds, put on long sleeves, opened the windows and fell asleep. I woke up drenched, but feeling like I had started to sweat it out.

When I woke up this morning, I wasn't feeling toooooo bad. I still had a temperature, but I popped some pills and I thought I'd make it through the day. During my first lesson, I started to feel super drowsy, no energy and I was really started to doubt if I could make it through to 6pm.

By 11, I was so ridiculously hot - I went to the bathroom to check my temperature and I'd managed to break 40!! I don't think I've ever had a temperature like that in my life!! I popped some more tablets but the staff were looking at me, shivering and sweating at the same time and pretty much sent me home. I felt bad because it was such short notice for all the clients I had today, but I knew as well that I really needed to get to a doctor.

I've just come back from seeing one. He told me "your body membrane is inflamed". LOL! The scary way of telling me I have a bad cold!! He also asked me a whole heap of questions and told me that I was suffering from exhaustion and should take a week off. Chance would be a fine thing!

Anyway, I'm back at home and have some supposedly super strong tablets to bring my temperature back down. He told me if I could rest today and just try to sweat it out, then I should be a least able to go into work tomorrow. Another day back in the blasting aircon.

**sigh**

Surely I can't be the only one who thinks it's too cold!?!??!!?!?

xoxo

No comments: