“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 8 August 2013

Katsunuma

Yesterday, I took a little day trip out the city to Katsunuma in Yamanashi.

The only thing I knew was there was wineries....and that really is all that is there! LOL!!

With the temperature hitting around 35 degrees, it really wasn't the best day to choose to go walking for kilometres and kilometres, but it felt good to be surrounded by so much green and just spend the day outside of Tokyo.

The views were great, the food was good and then we got to the wine tasting.

90 minutes. And we took advantage of every single minute.

Leaving the tasting area suitably drunk, I had come to the conclusion that I don't really like red wine. I drink it when it's put in front of me, but I think I ended up spitting out more red wine that I did actually drinking it.

But allo in all, it was a giggle - slow paced, no stress, not too crowded....and we got to eat delicious peaches! 

Check it out.

xoxo

No comments: