“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 3 November 2010

OMG! It's REAL?!!?

I've never been one to wear real fur. In fact, it's actually against my morals to wear real fur.

So you can imagine my horror when I discovered that I've been wearing a real fur collar for about 3 weeks!!!

I was with a friend this evening and was showing her my collar and crooning about how unbelievably soft it was and she was telling me that she thinks it looks and feels like real fur. Everyone has been commenting on how expensive it looks but I hadn't thought anything of it...except that I'd made a much better choice than the other girls that I have seen wearing "fur" collars.

So I pulled it off to show her the label...which I had never actually read...and there it was written in Japanese...."CHINESE RACOON (REAL)".

Man, I threw it on the table so fast you would've wondered what the hell was going on. It was at least 20 minutes before I could even touch it again as I watched my friend stroking it and rubbing her face in it.

Yuck.

I only put it back on again because it's so cold outside! My friend is trying to justify it by saying that there are plenty of Chinese racoons out there. The collar is absolutely stunning and I love it so much, but I'm just absolutely disgusted with it right now!! It wasn't exactly cheap so I don't wanna just discard it...even if it is real fur.

I wish I never looked at that label now! Sometimes ignorance really is bliss!

xx

No comments: