“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Saturday 18 December 2010

Ruddy Northerners!

You know, I'm always getting cussed out for making fun out of Northerners.

I don't HATE them!! It's just some of the accents drive me insane because I just can't understand them!

And that lack of understanding shone today when I called up Lloyds online banking customer service to set up a payment. They had this thing where if you want to make a payment online, they want to confirm the recipient by phone. Since I live abroad, I didn't wanna have to deal with this because of the time difference and what not. Until now, i had just been carrying out the transactions over the phone.

So I called them up to see if they could set the payment up for me so that I would be able to just make the online payments with no grief in the future. The customer service that I got was from God knows where up North and I could hardly understand anything he was saying! When he tried to confirm my details, he got all the numbers wrong and I was like OMG I have a serious dumbarse on the phone and then the cheeky git got ratty with me when I asked him to repeat what he was saying.

Not my fault you have an uffed up accent love!!!!

I wish I'd been able to understand his name - I totally would have complained! I'm there telling people everyday that they need to use polite English when on the phone, but that incident today just reminded me of how we really aren't that polite!!! Especially not in customer service.

What a prick.

xoxo


No comments: