“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 11 April 2011

This Is So Not Cool

There go my nerves again!

That's the second really big quake that we've felt in Tokyo in under a week.

Now I know I was definitely premature in unpacking my evacuation bag! A few weeks ago it really felt like things may have been getting back to some kind of normality and then BAM - a whole series of really big aftershocks have started to hit again.

Apparently, they could last for up to a year.

Great.

After this one, it seems like the whole of Tokyo left work early. I had to wait for 3 trains to pass before I could finally get on the Oedo line and even then, I was crushed even more than usual....with no air con and a whole load of stinky people!!!

Just feeling a little on edge again. As soon as I can muster up the energy I'm gonna repack my evac bag. It feels like this is so far from being over, yet all we can do is wait for the aftershocks to keep on coming and pray that we get through them safely.

It just pulls on my heartstrings to think of everyone in Tohoku. We feel stressed down here but its nothing compared to what they must be feeling up there. It just stirs up memories of my friends...this country has really taken a battering - how much more can it take??

Pray for Japan.

xoxo

No comments: