“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 18 November 2013

Counting Down!

Honestly - this month is just disappearing from before my eyes!

I swear last time I looked at the calendar, it was only the 3rd November.

Where did the last fortnight go?!

In exactly one month, I'll be lounging on my mum's sofa with a cup of tea, crumpets, sausage rolls, Walker's crisps and a nice selection of fruit watching crap on TV.

Not even that, but it's neafrly Christmas! And then before you know it, it's going to be 2014!

I can barely get my head around the fact that exactly one week ago, I was on a plane to Okinawa.

Now THAT was an interesting trip. 

Firstly, I was pissed at the weather. My friend had told me that it had been gorgeous for the last couple of weeks, so there I was packing summer dresses and sandals. 

I got there and it was raining....and continued to rain for the duration of my time there. And then the say I left, it was sunny.

Typical.

My friend is a military wife. And over the short time I was there, looking in from the outside and seeing the childish playground antics that go on, I'm so glad that I don't live that liftstyle. When I was listening to stuff, I was literally thinking, "What are you? 15?!?!" Pettiness.

I was also kind of sad to see my friend hate on Japan. She doesn't HATE hate it, but because of the little bubble that she's in, and the fact that she has a young baby which stops her from travelling, she hates it here. I'm really hoping that next year I'll get the chance to show her some more of the positive points of this beautiful country that has been so good to me over the years. I can't blame her completely though - I LOVE Okinawa, but there's no way I'd be able to actually LIVE there.

I dunno.

Anyway, the point is, I'm excited about going home. And going to Tesco. And baking in a proper oven. I hit up an international supermarket yesterday and blew an absolute fortune on overpriced basic ingredients to make a German Chocolate Cake. Two weeks ago, I'd never even heard of one, but I'm gonna have a bash at making it for a friend. If this trial one goes well and tastes good, then I'll make a couple more for him. Not eating it though - seriously not a fan of chocolate cake.

For some weird reason as well, I've suddenly got this urge to attempt Pao de Quejo. Definitely going to have to try and find a recipe for that online.

In the meantime, I'm gonna enjoy a cup of tea, white chocolate Tim Tams and some trashy TV!

xoxo

No comments: