“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 6 November 2013

YUCK!!!

I'm not joking.....my taste buds have been seriously offended!!!

Months ago when my friend was visiting, we went shopping and he bought sea salt chocolate.

The idea alone was enough to make me turn my nose up at it and refuse to try it. That, and it was dark chocolate - and I can't stand the stuff.

Anyway, when he left, he forgot to take it with him and it has been sitting in my fridge ever since.

I decided to make scones and as I was putting my dough in the fridge to rest, I looked at the offensive chocolate and curiosity got the better of me.

I took it out, unwrapped it and broke off the tiniest piece.

Put it in my mouth...chewed....

...and then spat it right back out!

WTF?!!??!

It was like eating salt with the offensive bitterness of dark chocolate mixed in!!!!

EEERRRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Whose effing idea was that?!

The ONLY time chocolate and salt should ever be mixed together is when making a chocolate souffle. And it should be the absolutely TINIEST pinch of salt...just to lift that chocolate flavour.

The ONLY time!

What an absolutely ghastly taste! The rest of that is going in the bin!

Uffffff.....

xoxo

No comments: