“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Sunday 24 November 2013

That Smell

I have literally spent the last 5 and a half hours in the kitchen baking.

I finally got around to making that German chocolate cake that I've been banging on about.

That is not an easy batter to master! But I was really pleased with the way the sponges have come out. 

Now I'm just waiting for the filling to cool and I should be finished! 

The filling is DIVINE. It's egg yolks, butter, sugar, evaporated milk, pecans and shredded coconut and it seriously tastes AMAZING!!! I'm started to understand why my friend raves about this cake - I'm kinda looking forward to trying it now, even though I don't really like chocolate cake.

One of my favourite things about baking is the wonderful smells that fill your kicthen. There is nothing quite like the smell of bread or cake baking in the oven.

And since I had some leftover egg whites, I went ahead and made a massive meringue. No idea what I'm going to do with it though! I thought about making a pavlova, but I just don't have any more ingredients left! I'll tell you what - a German chocolate cake is NOT cheap to make over here! Especially when you're spending 1000yen on a 200g bar of baking chocolate.

Ufffff....

Looking forward to seeing the end results!

xoxo

No comments: