“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 6 October 2010

How Efficient

The Immigration Office have definitely upped their efficiency.

I remember when I went there a year ago, I had to wait for absolutely hours to be seen. I went in today and picked up my visa AND got a reentry permit in under 30 mins. I was probably in and out in about 20 now that I think about it. It probably had something to do with the fact that I got there later than I went last time - just before 3pm. It's definitely a risk because they close at 4 but it seems like most people try and get there as early as possible.

I'll remember that for future visits! Not that I should have to make any visits for a while...

...my 3 year visa extension was APPROVED.

I was surprised my company were willing to sponsor me actually - especially since I'm an itaku worker and not an "official" full time member of staff. Most eikawas only sponsor their teachers for a year so I'm feeling well chuffed today.

And for once I had a smooth exchange at the ward office for the first time ever!!! The woman in the pension department used simple Japanese to explain everything instead of bombarding me with all this tax jargon that I just can't get my head around without a dictionary. Thanks to her, I've just gotten out of paying the pension until next June. It was becoming such a bureaucratic headache to get myself exempt, that I was gonna just yield, so I'm so glad that she made it easy for me.

So exhausted. It's been a couple of weeks since I last went to the gym, so the 30 minutes aqua session this mornign has properly knackered me out. And since I'm gonna be working the next 8 days in a row, I'm gonna try and get an early night.

Haven't been sleeping so well recently, so I hope I can just knock out.

xx

No comments: