“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Friday 22 October 2010

*sniff* *sniff*

Urgh!

I feel rotten. Just, like, annoying runny nose and constant sniffing rotten.

And I know it's just gonna get worse. The cough will be next - dry, then chesty. I wonder how long I'm going to have to ride it out for.

I left work a little earlier today and decided to treat myself to a trip to the international supermarket, where I loaded up with Western goodies! Bagels, chocolate, cheese, HP sauce and more. No excuse not to cook now! I came back home and went to the local supermarket to stock up on vegetables as well and then cooked a green Thai curry for dinner.

Now I just have to keep it up! I always get short bursts of motivation to cook and prepare lunches to take to work, but then I get tired and we all know that when you get tired, you get lazy. And then all your food goes bad. But I'm determined not to let that happen this time - not after I spent about 13,000 yen on everything!

Even though I can afford it, I still resent paying such ridiculous prices for imported goods here. I was looking at cereals and other sauces and stuff and the prices are just extortionate! Especially when you think about what you would pay in Tesco back home! It's just really annoying, but at the end of the day, it boils down to how big your craving for stuff is. I'm not doing too badly but I did fork out the fiver for a small bottle of HP sauce. What a rip off! But sometimes, it has to be done.

Mmmmmm

xx

No comments: