“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 26 July 2011

*Cough Cough Splutter Splutter*

My God I am feeling like complete and utter shite.

After an awful day at work yesterday, I cancelled my private lesson, came home and passed straight out. I woke up at 9 and had a quick chat with my flatmate before hopping back into bed, putting in my earphones and going to sleep. I probably fell asleep at midnight....

....and slept right through until 9.30 this morning.

I can't even remember the last time I slept right through for that long without waking up at least once. I woke up coughing and spluttering and absolutely drenched in sweat as I realised that I had a raging fever. Not to mention that I don't like sleeping with the air con on and I left the windows closed because I knew I could sleep in and didn't wanna be woken up by any outside noise.

I was still feeling a little bunged up, but it was no way near as bad as yesterday. Today it's the cough's turn. As I felt my temperature rise, I was bursting into mammoth coughing fits all morning. Holed up in bed, I started watching movie after movie, hoping that I'd feel better come work time. An hour before I was due to leave, I called in with the intention of cancelling my shift, but somehow managed to get emotionally blackmailed into going in.

I had to stand under the air con the entire way because I felt so insanely hot - not surprising since I was running a fever of 39.6. >_< Drugged up, I got into work and literally coughed and spluttered my way through an agonising 40 minute lesson with a client that I cannot STAND. I gave up after that. Even though I had a couple of lessons cancelled, leaving me with only my regulars, there was no way I would have been able to sit through another 3 lessons like that. We've all been there - coughing fits are so embarrassing and you just end up feeling so damn awful that all you can do is look at the clock and pray that the time can go just that lil bit faster.

So now I'm back home.

I've worked out that I've had a headache for 3 days. Of course it's fine when I'm on the medicine but it never seems to let up. Gonna see how the next couple of days go and then if it's still going on, I think I might have to go and see the doctor. I've never had a headache for that long - it's not a migraine but it's still annoyingly bad.

I can't help but wonder if they've been brought on because I've switched my pill. Apparently the one I was on combined with my age meant seriosuly increased risks of DVT and since I've been on it for so many years, I was advised to change. I won't be able to tell if it's that though for at least a month and until this cold has cleared up.

So shit. I was supposed to be moving my stuff upstairs as well today. Another setback is the last thing I need as I'm slowly running out of time to get everything ready for my new flatmate to move in.

Hate feeling like this. And I'm craving a jacket potato!

xoxo

No comments: