“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Saturday 2 July 2011

Enough Already

Yep - I think a 2 day dose in the Shire is more than enough.

Too much faffing on my parents' part and too many people telling me that my accent has changed. Apparently it's become more neutral and has more of an American twang to it now.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!

I've always worked hard to keep hold of my London accent but alas, after 4 years it looks like it's fading away from me. When I was on the phone to my American friend last night she told me that she could have been talking to one of her American friends! And then when I was in the optician today, the receptionist who I have known since before I can even remember, told me that my accent was different.

Oh well.

Headed into Westfield today. I was totally ready to shop til I drop and had the money to as well, but there was nothing to buy! I couldn't believe how much crap there was in the shops! And another annoying thing - the Louis Vuitton bag that I bought in Tokyo was about 150 quid cheaper over here!!! That was definitely a shock, let me tell ya! I don't know if it's because I'm still really feeling the jet lag that I couldn't really be bothered to look that hard or whether there really was nothing to buy. I'm looking forward to hitting the London shopping streets next week - hopefully I'll have more luck there!

So, so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. But it's not even 9 o'clock and there's no way that I could even try and sleep now.

xoxo

No comments: