“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 4 July 2011

Nearly A Week

Wow - what a blinding weekend!!!

I don't know why I was surprised to see engineering work STILL going on on the tube when I headed into central London. It's been going on for probably the best part of a decade which makes travelling around the capital at the weekend an absolute NIGHTMARE!!

Nor was it helped that this weekend was Gay Pride and after making the mistake of getting out at Oxford Circus, I wasn't allowed back in and had to walk all the way down to Tottenham Court road and do a mammoth circle on the tube lines that were actually working.

How annoying!

It was absolutely awesome catching up with friends on Saturday. Stayed central and then headed down to my girl's place in New Cross. I KNOW - words that would never have even come out of my mouth years ago! I'm not gonna lie - I went with extreme caution. I mean, my friend was shot there about 6 years ago and it's just been one of those areas that you just don't go anyway near. But, my friend told me that she lives super close to the station right on the main road so I figured it would be OK. Actually it wasn't anything like I thought it was gonna be - super busy and not a threatening soul in sight! HAHA! Doesn't mean that I'm gonna be making it down there regularly but at least I can put a couple of stereotypes to rest! Hit up some clubs and bars in Hoxton - haven't been there in years and it's always been a cool area to hang out and get some trance. Suitably rat arsed we stumbled in a cab at some stupid time in the morning and had a lazy Sunday watching Wimbledon.

OMG my heart goes out to Rafa!!!!! I was literally so GUTTED for him but there's no denying that Djokovic played an absolutely stunning game. I just assumed that it would hit 5 sets and be a little closer instead of the absolute thrashing that Rafa got in the second set. WOW!

Planning on booking a holiday to Ibiza today - kinda looking forward to some hardcore partying and pool lounging!! Completely forgot how cheap these packages are to Europe - there are some ridiculously cheap ones but I don't wanna be staying on the doorstep of a nightclub with a loada kids, so it's definitely worth paying a little more and moving a little further out.

Right, I'm off to the dentist!

xoxo

No comments: