“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Monday 10 September 2012

=)

I'm in my element when I'm planning a trip.

Nothing can spoil my mood this evening! It's all good.

So I knew New Zealand was amazing. Everyone has told me and when my friends came Tokyo from Kyushu a couple of years ago, we went to this Rugby World Cup promo thing at Tokyo Tower. Inside I was just gobsmacked at the sheer natural beauty of this tiny country and I knew from that point on that I needed to make more of an effort to make sure that I get there.

But going through the guidebook and seeing how much New Zealand has to offer - man, I'm being blown away and I haven't even booked a ticket yet!! I'm finding that my initial plan of going for 2 weeks is just getting longer and longer...not just because there is so much to see, but also because the flight prices just keep increasing and coming back one day later is always that little bit cheaper.

Man, I wish I was flying from the UK - it's way cheaper than flying from Japan. But hey - nothing I can do about it, but I figured that if I was gonna be forking out this extortionate amount of money for the flight, then I should get my money's worth and spend a decent amount of time there. Of course that always cripples me financially since it's unpaid time off work....what to do....

Can't do anything right now anyway - I have to wait until payday at the end of the month before I can pay for the ticket and get confirmation whether I'm going alone or not. I'm just hoping that the prices don't go up too much - I'm already looking at about £1400 just for the flight.

But I know it's going to be worth every penny.

xoxo

No comments: