“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Tuesday 6 July 2010

Big Ego

Man, my head swelled to like 50 times its normal size when I was in the States.

The compliments, the constant being hit on, the dates...how could it NOT?

The best thing I heard?

From a cop.

I was walking around the financial district and this policeman comes up to me and says really seriously "Ma'am, you want to be careful".

The look on his face and the tone of his voice mad me panic because he was so serious and I couldn't work out what was wrong. I started checking my bag, my skirt, everything! Then he smiles and says to me...

"You're going to kill people with thar smile".

*Groan*

I was like a kid in a candy shop in Miami. I had no idea where to look! A city crammed with gorgeous mixed race guys with those light eyes that just KILL me every single time. Such a sucker for those boys - it was awesome!! Hehe!

In NY I saw something that I have never seen before in my entire life. I actually left a guy PROPERLY speechless. I saw it's never happened before because you normally see it with young boys but this guy was like in his 40s and couldn't say a damn word. Me and my friends were looking at him like WTF?! Pull yourself together. It was hilarious and proper weird at the same time. Definitely a first. He couldn't even say a single word, stuttering, going blank and unable to string a sentence together. He turned his back on us to compose himself but when he turned around and I flashed him a smile, it happened all over again! LOL!

But yah, now that I'm back in Japan and surrounded by homogeneousness, my ego has very much deflated.

=(

Probably a good thing! That kind of attitude gets you nowhere!

Like I really believe that!

xx

No comments: