“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 22 July 2010

やった!!

You all know that I was really worried going into my sales training.

Not just because I've only been at the company for a short time but because I was worried my lack of sales experience would show.

In a nutshell?

I absolutely killed it.

And that's not just me being bigheaded - the feedback that I got absolutely blew my mind and embarrassed me to the max. I've never been good at taking high levels of praise and today was no exception. It wasn't even just the praise - after the exam I was told that I was the 3rd person in over 300+ trainees to ever get a perfect score on the post training test.

Wow.

It's insane!!

And extremely flattering at the same time. Don't get it wrong - this was no written exam. It was a practical exam in which we had to actual present in front of someone and show them how we would conduct the meeting.

I wasn't even aware of the natural people skills that I possessed until today. And just thinking about them makes me blush to be honest. It really is so flattering - I have no words for the feeling.

Onwards and upwards - I'm really excited about where this job is taking me!! And the best bit is that I can feel that I will actually go somewhere in this company. Something I never felt as an ALT and something I felt in my last company but I knew would take years to happen.

I can't believe how much I love my job right now. What a great feeling! =)

xx

No comments: