“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Friday 9 July 2010

Poor Alex =(

I just watched the latest episode of So You Think You Can Dance.

I absolutely LOVE watching this show! I think it's coz I just love dancing and I love watching all the different styles. The greatest thing about it is that ANYONE can dance. I remember the winners of season 4 and season 6 were a hip hopper and a crumper - neither had had any formal training and there they were doing all these different styles of dancing. It's amazing.

Anyway, in the last episode, Alex, who is a stunning, trained ballet dancer, did the most INCREDIBLE routine with Twitch from season 4 to a Tabetha and Napolean number. I absolutely ADORE these choreographers. It was such a good move to bring them into the show. The routine was stunning, the dancers were stunning and it is definitely up there amongst my faves across seasons 3-7.

In rehersals this week, Alex ruptured his achilles tendon which means that he was automatically in the bottom three. Because the injury was so serious, naturally they had no choice but to disqualify him from the show. I mean, it makes sense - the guy can't dance - but it's just DEVASTATING and I feel for him so badly because he forfeited his place at a top ballet academy to go onto the show and now he's injured and can't continue. And it's awful for the viewers as well because I LOVE watching him dance and when he dances, especially contemporary numbers, he is absolute stunning and exquisite and is just beautiful.

But I don't think anyone will forget that hip hop routine. In fact, I think I'm going to watch it again now! Must be the 100th time but I just can't get enough of it.

I wish Adochike was out - he's really starting to irritate me!

xx

No comments: