“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Thursday 23 September 2010

Missions

I really hate having to go to the Ward Office.

You would think given the number of foreigners that live in my area that there would be more services available in English. The signs are in English - that's about as far as it goes!

I had to update the information on my gaijin card because I got a new passport. That's no problem to do in Japanese. Then came extending my health insurance - again, no lingo problems there. Then I had to go to the taxation counter.

STRESS!!!

I just don't have the vocab to deal with that kind fo stuff! They gave me this form to fill out with no English guide and I had to sit there with my dictionary trying to figure out what all the kanji was on this form. And NO ONE could help me - I would have been extremely tolerant of horrific broken English if it gave me even the slightest hint. It's only because the form was so detailed! It took me ages to get through everything.

But I did. And I can't even begin to tell you how tired I was after I had finished! I went there straight from the gym, so I was already a little bit tired but that really knackered me out!

At least it's all done. Nearly.

I have to go back once I get my visa extension. A long, boring wait at the immigration office to look forward to. Lucky me!

*sigh*

So ready to crash.

Night.

xx

No comments: