“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 23 July 2008

I love Hong Kong

I had an amazing weekend in Hong Kong.

And not only because everyone spoke English or the amazing shopping!

I felt so at home there. Hong Kong has only been part of China for 11 years so the British influence runs deep.

The skyline took my breath away, no matter how many times I looked at it. The food made my mouth water. We stayed away from the mainstream big restaurants and opted for the 'dirty' street food instead. And it was stunning. Japanese food is so bland in comparison.

I was so sad to leave. I'm actually finding it a bit......hard being back in Japan now after being there and having such an amazing time. I've now decided to do a stint livign there before finally coming back to England. I'm thinking a year depending on the kind of work I can get there. Which definitely WON'T be teaching - everyone speaks good enough English already! Plus I don't want to teach after I leave here......

I miss it already!

xx

No comments: