“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Wednesday 9 July 2008

Man up, girl!

If you look back over the years and think how you once were, the change really is incredible.

I would never have thought I would be a teacher 2 years ago. In fact, it was probably one of the careers that I avoided like the plague.

And yet here I am.

I have changed so much over the years...and whilst the changes are good, it's still a little bit scary to see how differently you react in certain situations than you used to. Whilst you may used to be as strong as a piece of steel, that piece of steel has thinned over the years, rusted and is now more susceptible than it was once.

But that doesn't mean the end of the world! Right now i'm looking to get that inner strength back without losing any of the qualities that I have discovered over the last few years.

Things are as big a deal as you wanna make them...so I've told myself today....

Man up, girl!!

No comments: